Monday, January 13, 2020

TTM Success - Carlos Cortes

I have been trying to add some more prospect cards to my autograph albums and this TTM success from Carlos Cortes was one that came in successfully recently.

The above 2019 Pro Debut gold is numbered 40/50 and turned out really well.  Cortes signed with a silver Sharpie, and I think it was a nice touch.
I also sent this 2018 Bowman Chrome refractor.  The silver Sharpie really looks good on this one, especially in person.

Cortes (b. 1997) was a 3rd round pick by the Mets in the 2018 June Amateur Draft out of the University of South Carolina.  So far, through two minor league seasons, Cortes has 164 hits, 15 home runs and a .258 batting average.  He is likely to move to Single A Columbia this season, right down the street from where he played college ball.

I mailed to Cortes on October 25 and got the cards back on December 5, for a 41-day TAT.

No comments: