Friday, January 10, 2020

TTM Success - Bobby Thigpen

I regretted not starting the set sooner, and I regretted not going to minor league games in the past, but I could have gotten this card signed IP a while back.  Instead, I had to go through a private signing and get this card signed by Bobby Thigpen. 

Thigpen used to be the pitching coach of the Winston-Salem Dash, but that was back before I was graphing much at minor league games.

Thigpen (b. 1963) played in the majors from 1986 to 1994 for the White Sox, Phillies and Mariners.  He had a career record of 31-36 with 376 strike outs, 201 saves and an ERA of 3.43.  His 57 saves in 1990 was the MLB single-season record until it was broken in 2008 by Francisco Rodriguez.

I mailed to the private signing on November 6 and got the card back on December 2, for a 26-day TAT.

No comments: