Thursday, September 7, 2017

TTM Success - Kelly Gruber

I waited a long time to send out this TTM request to Kelly Gruber.  Mainly, because I had seen that folks had been successful with him, but the successes had been over a year or more ago.  I figured I would mail to him as part of a bulk mailing, but always seemed to put his off.  I finally mailed to him, and surprisingly enough, it didn't take too terribly long for the cards to come back.
All of the cards I got back turned out pretty nicely, I think.  I was really happy with the above 1992 Topps and the 1990 Donruss Diamond Kings.

Gruber (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1984 to 1993 for the Blue Jays and Angels.  He had 818 hits, 117 home runs and a .259 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1989 and 1990.  He finished 4th in the AL MVP voting in 1990 and won the World Series with the Blue Jays in 1992.  He was also a Gold Glove Award and Silver Slugger Award winner in 1990.

I mailed to Gruber on May 3 and got the cards back on August 25, for a 114-day TAT.

No comments: