Friday, September 8, 2017

Graphing The Wood Ducks First Playoff Game

With Hurricane Irma threatening the East Coast, the Carolina League playoffs have been shortened and shortened again.  The Wood Ducks take on the Myrtle Beach Pelicans today to finish off the best of 3 series after winning last night, 4-1.  I was able to take in the game and get a few more autographs for the collection.  I had one Wood Duck that I needed from my Hickory set, the recently called up CD Pelham.  I knocked off two Pelicans from the 2017 Carolina League Top Prospects set, and got a few more Ryan Kellogg and Tyler Alamo.  I also got a bunch of Wood Ducks on my celebratory champagne bottle.

At the game, I picked up Tyler Alamo x 3, CD Pelham x 1, Thomas Hatch x 2, Eddy Martinez x 2 and Ryan Kellogg x 6, leaving me with 964 IP signed cards on the season.  I believe I will fall well short of 1,000 cards, but I got really close.

We also got to see Cubs rehabbing catcher, Willson Contreras play for Myrtle Beach, but he wouldn't sign for us and left the game in the 6th inning.

No comments: