Friday, September 29, 2017

TTM Success - Jim Acker

I have sent out a bunch of TTM requests to guys who played in the mid-80s so I can add some more 1987 Topps to the album.  I still haven't officially declared that I am doing the set, but I'm still pulling them in.

This success from Jim Acker got me quite a few mid-to-late 80s and early 90s cards for the album.  This 1986 Topps turned out really nice.
I also added cards form 1987 (of course), 1990, 1991 and 1992 Topps.  The below 1991 Donruss also turned out really nice.  I don't recall discussing the 91 Donruss set on here much, but I like the "Saved by the Bell" look to it that was a staple of the early 90s.  That's right, I called it the Saved by the Bell set.  Look closely.  It looks like the graphics from the intro to the show.  You can thank me for the memories later ("I'm so excited! I'm so.... SCARED....").  Ok, I'm reminiscing too much about a show that has nothing to do with this TTM success.
Acker (b. 1958) played in the majors from 1983 to 1992 for the Blue Jays, Braves and Mariners.  He had a career record of 33-49 with 482 strike outs and an ERA of 3.97.

I mailed to Acker on September 11 and got the cards back on September 19, for an 8-day TAT.

No comments: