Wednesday, March 23, 2016

TTM Success - Hal Smith

I received so many TTM successes last week, I'll be playing catch-up for a while.  One of the ones I got in on March 19 was from Hal Smith.  I sent to him in my initial mailing of vintage cards on March 11 and got them back 8 days later.  The 1960 was rough when I sent it, but it still turned out nice.  I need to find a few other 1960s to send to other folks so that this isn't my only one.
These 1963 Topps turned out great.  I found both of them in my box of vintage and figured that since I had two, I would go ahead and send both.  I'll probably donate the extra to one of my trading buddies or something.  We'll see.

Smith (b. 1930) played in the majors from 1955 to 1964 for the Orioles, A's (Kansas City), Pirates, Colt .45s and Reds.  He had 715 hits, 58 home runs and a .267 batting average.  Smith won the World Series in 1960 with the Pirates.

No comments: