Tuesday, March 8, 2016

TTM Success - Buck Showalter

On Saturday I got a TTM success that I was really excited about.  I got four cards back from Orioles manager, Buck Showalter.  The above 2005 Topps gold parallel was the card I was the most happy to get back.  I don't know why, I guess because I have had it for so long.  You may be able to see that there is some damage on the card on the right side.  It was a victim of a common problem with mid 90s to mid 2000s Topps cards.  The over gloss on the card allows for it to stick the the other cards near it if it ever gets hot.  I was able to salvage this one out of a box of junk, and held onto it.  Now, it has been salvaged yet again as a TTM success.
I figured I would try to send a few other cards to Buck and see if I could get multiples signed.  I was lucky enough to get three Topps Heritage cards signed.  Heritage always looks good with an on-card auto.
I had gotten Buck before TTM.  That was a couple years ago on a ball.  I have since replaced that ball with an IP auto from Buck, and gave the TTM one to my friend, Frankie.
I have already inspired one young Instagram follower to send to Buck since he has seen my post about this TTM success.  I hope he can get a success like I did.

I mailed to Buck on 2/22 and got the cards back on 3/5, making them a 12-day TAT.  Not bad for a guy who is really busy right now.

No comments: