Sunday, May 31, 2015

Thoughts on 2015 Bowman

I picked up a jumbo box of 2015 Bowman a few weeks ago from my LCS and busted it, hoping I could get some nice pulls and some cool parallels.  I didn't really do all that well in the "pull" department, but I got a few nice color parallels.  In all, this year's design is nice.  I had a hard time picking out the silver parallels initially, but I figured it out.

There are quite a few Orioles in the set, like Mike Yastrzemski (above).  As you may know, Yastrzemski is the grandson of Hall of Famer, Carl Yastrzemski, and had a really good year in the Orioles' system last year.  Some other Orioles in the set are Tim Berry, Hunter Harvey and Dariel Alvarez.  Not bad.
One of the mini shimmer parallels I pulled was this purple Dariel Alvarez, numbered 22/250.  This is a sharp-looking card.  I also have the orange Alvarez, which is equally as sharp, and matches his uniform.

In all, I enjoyed this year's offering of Bowman.  I didn't have an epic pull, like last year, but that didn't take away from the product.

No comments: