Monday, May 11, 2015

Ebay Pickup - 2010 Topps Sterling Brooks Robinson

I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anything on EBay for a while.  Not after everything I spent at the antique shop a few weeks ago.  I was set to buckle down and save for the National.  Yeah, that worked out really well when I opened up my EBay mobile app on my phone a few days ago to see what my notifications were all about.  On my feed was this awesome Brooks Robinson 2010 Topps Sterling 6-piece relic card.  The card is numbered 5/10 and was at an amazing Buy It Now price.  I bought my buddy, Max, one of these for Christmas, except it was Ernie Banks.  I didn't even know Brooks had one in the set.

So, going back to my philosophy of "If you see something amazing and you can afford it, you better get it while you can, because you may never see it again..." (thanks Scott), I picked up the card.

I am so happy I did.  The card looks amazing in person.  As you can see from the scan, both bottom corners have slight dings, but I don't really care.  They take nothing away from the card.  This might be one of the nicest Brooks cards that I have in my collection, now.  I'm really excited about that.

No comments: