Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Few Things From Michael

I just got home from a wonderful trip to Baltimore with my wife, son and mom.  I had taken Mom to a game there; her first MLB game.  Since I am so wiped out from the trip, I figured I would show a couple things I got from my good friend, Michael, before I went into the trip itself (likely will be posted tomorrow).

I met up with Michael during the game and chatted with him for about an inning or so and since he knew I would be in town, he saved himself some shipping cost by bringing me a few things I had bought off of him recently.

First, this 2011 Topps Triple Threads Brooks Robinson "Vacuum Cleaner" relic card that I picked up.  I already had the green version with vacuum cleaner spelled with pieces of bat.  This one has jersey relics, and looks pretty awesome.  I guess it's the purple version?
I also bought this Doc Gooden signed baseball off of Michael at a really good price.  He hooked me up because I gave him a good deal on a Bobby Thomson ball.  Win-win, I think.
The ball is inscribed "No Hitter 5-14-96"

Gooden (b. 1964) played in the majors from 1984 to 1994 and 1996 to 2000 for the Mets, Yankees, Indians, Astrosand Rays.  He had a career record of 194-112 with a 3.51 ERA and 2,293 strikeouts.  He was the 1984 NL Rookie of the Year and 1985 NL Cy Young Award winner.  He won a World Series title with the Mets in 1986 and was on Yankees teams that won in 1996 and 2000 although he did not pitch in those World Series.

Thanks for the stuff, Michael, and it was really nice seeing you again!

No comments: