Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 21, 2014 Raleigh Card Show Part 4 - Vintage PC Pickups

I got some amazing deals on some non-set needs, starting with this 1962 Topps Brooks Robinson All Star card that I have been needing for a long time.  I'm a real big fan of the 1962 set.  Some folks love it or hate it.  I love it.  I wish Topps would do another "out there" border like this one or something other than white.  That isn't too much to ask, is it?  Also, check out the awesome Orioles patch on Brooks's sleeve.  I want to find a patch card of one of those!
My Joe Morgan Topps PC is growing nicely.  I picked up a few more of his cards (at $1 each, mind you) to add to the PC.  Not bad, right?
Check out the awesome shooting star Astros jersey.  If I were an Astros fan, I would want one of these throwbacks for sure.  I completed the 1970 set a while back and never noticed this jersey.  It's pretty awesome, though, and I'm glad I noticed it finally.

Ok, so, check back in a sec for the final installment from the card show where I show off my pickups of more recent Orioles.

No comments: