Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 21, 2014 Raleigh Card Show Part 1 - The Big Hits

Well, I blew my budget big time today at the Raleigh card show, but man, it felt good.  It felt so good, I'm going to do something I haven't done in a long time on this blog, I am going to do a series of multiple posts, all today, showing off what I got.  I hope you enjoy the ride, because I sure did.

This was the first show that I have gone to completely by myself.  Chris is with my parents for the week and my wife respectfully declined my invitation to go (saying "hell no" is respectfully declining, right?).  I also checked on Instagram and texted a few of my card buddies to see if they wanted to go, and no one was available.  This worked out well for me, since I didn't have anyone rushing me or asking to go home 5 minutes into the show.  So, I was really able to look through stuff and find a lot of good deals.

The above card is a 2010 Topps Sterling Jimmie Foxx multi-piece bat relic card.  The was the single most expensive card that I bought at the show, at $50.  I think it was a good price, though, and believe the card is amazing.  It is numbered 22/25.
The best steal I got was this 2012 Topps Minor League Materials Jonathan Schoop patch card, numbered 2/5.  Holy wow, it's an amazing patch.  What's more amazing is that the guy only wanted $20 for it.  Steal?  I think so! What an amazing find.
Rounding out my relic pickups, I got this 2007 UD SP Legendary Cuts Legendary Materials Brooks Robinson relic for $5.  The card is numbered 152/199 and looks great.

Stick around for part two, coming up in a few minutes.

No comments: