Sunday, February 16, 2014

We Have a Winner

The winner of my contest was Brad Zonghetti, a Youtube trader, new friend and follower of this blog.  He got all of the questions answered correctly.

Here are the final standings:

Brad - 40 points
P. A. - 25 points
Mom - 25 points
Alex - 25 points
Matthew - 20 points
Cerne - 2 points
Jeroen Bos - 2 points

The correct answers were:

1. Die Hard.  Said by the first henchman that Bruce Willis dispatches in the film.

2. Jeffrey Maier.  I'm pretty much over this by now, but I would hit him with a shovel, just on principle alone.

3. Rocky 4.  If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change...

4. The first set I completed after starting this blog was 1995 Donruss.  See the post here.

5. The first card I got in a trade with Drew was a UD Masterpieces Brian Roberts relic, seen here.

6. The ball was signed at a Carolina Mudcats vs Chattanooga Lookouts game in 2009 by Dustin Yount.  Son of Hall of Famer, Robin Yount.  He was a former Orioles draft pick who later played in the Dodgers system.

Congrats, Brad.  I hope you enjoy the baseball.

Thank you to all who participated.  I got a lot more of a response than I anticipated.  I might make up another convoluted contest again in the future!

No comments: