Monday, February 10, 2014

Ebay Pickup - 2014 Topps Clear Chris Davis

What's all this negative fuss about 2014 Topps?  I actually liked it, but I like just about everything.  I'm kicking off my 2014 Topps series of posts with an amazing parallel I was able to pick up and it (the series of posts) will culminate with my 3-box break that I did at Scott's house.  This effectively ends my series of posts from 2014 Orioles Fan Fest, in case you were keeping track at home.

Chris Davis doesn't have a base card in Series 1, but he does have a season highlights checklist that shows his 30 homers and 90 RBI before the All Star Break.  I have gone ahead and started gathering up parallels of the card and the best one I found so far was the above clear parallel.  The card is numbered 4/10, as you can see above.

The card looks amazing.  It scanned awesome, but it must be seen in person to really appreciate how great it looks.  I was glad I found it when I did.  It cost me a bit of a premium at $35 but to me, it was worth it.  What do you all think?

No comments: