Friday, February 21, 2014

Ebay Pickup - 2009 Topps Sterling Jimmie Foxx Booklet

I won an auction on Ebay the other day of a card that instantly was propelled to the top of my card collection.  I got this 2009 Topps Sterling Jimmie Foxx booklet for a price much lower than what I thought it was going to be (I seriously thought I was going to be outbid), so I'm extremely happy.

The card is numbered 9/10 and showcases Foxx's 1932 season.
As you can see on the back of the card, it shows highlights from the 1932 season such as Foxx's first MVP award, career high 58 homers and more.  It's right there, you can read the card.
Finally, I thought I'd show the front.  The card is spectacular.  I'm also a fan of the candy apple red coloring of it.  Very sharp, indeed.

What do you all think?  I'm pretty much in awe to have this Foxx in my collection now.  I know it's worth far more than what I paid for it.

No comments: