Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Mystery To Me ***Updated***

I spent this past weekend in Columbia visiting my brother.  As always, I took some time and visited the Columbia Antique Mall to say hello to Conrad, the proprietor of Chic Antiques.  I bought some cards and a ball from him (all of which will be posted later).  Conrad, when looking for Hall of Famers for me, found two unlabeled baseballs which he wasn't sure who the signatures were.  I was able to identify the first ball for him pretty quickly, Rollie Fingers.  The above pictured baseball, however, wasn't as easy to identify.

If anyone recognizes the signature, please shoot me an email, or comment on this page so I can let Conrad know who it is.  I don't have a clue, and I may even be holding it upside down.  Anyone have any ideas?  It doesn't look like any Hall of Famer that I'm familiar with.  He is also somewhat of a Braves fan, so it could be a Brave.  Maybe not.

****UPDATE****
Immediately after I posted this blog entry, my friend Zach identified the signer as Darryl Strawberry.  Now I need to let Conrad know.  Thanks Zach!

No comments: