Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Thoughts on 2013 Panini Cooperstown

Last year, when I picked up a few packs of 2012 Panini Cooperstown, I was really impressed.  For a product that does not have a MLB license, they really made it look sharp.  This year's offering is no different.  The cards are very sharp and they are of a subject that I really enjoy.  I actually busted a box of Cooperstown today.  I had a choice of A&G and Cooperstown and I actually chose Cooperstown.

I will probably pull out some notable cards in the future, but I really wanted to take today to showcase the 'hit' of the box.  The hobby box boasts only one hit and it is a promise of an on card HOF auto.  Well, as you can see above, the auto was Paul Molitor.

The card looks great.  His signature really pops off of the card.  I like the black and white background, and the design of the auto area is really nice.  I actually traded away a Molitor auto the other day, so I was happy to add one back to my collection this quickly.

In all, I was really happy with 2013 Panini Cooperstown.  I don't know if I will pursue the set or will just break up the cards to send to other bloggers.  We'll see, but for now, I am just enjoying them.  I know I will add the Molitor to my collection and will not plan on trading or selling it.

No comments: