Monday, May 27, 2013

On Memorial Day, Remembering John 'Mule' Miles

While I was at my parents' house this weekend, I learned that former Negro Leaguer, John 'Mule' Miles, passed away at his home in San Antonio, Texas on Friday morning.  Miles was one of the best TTM successes I got, aside from Virgil Trucks.
Not only was Miles an accomplished ballplayer, but he also served as a member of the Tuskeegee Airmen.  So, in honor of Memorial Day and while remembering all of those who serve and have served in the armed forces, I wanted to take the time to honor a man who was definitely larger than life.
Miles will definitely be missed.  My son even wrote to Miles at one point.  I put the response Chris got up so he could have it later on in the future.  It is something he can look back on and enjoy.  I'm glad I had him do it as a part of his working on his handwriting.


So, at the age of 90, Mule Miles has passed away.  He will lone be remembered by all of the fans whose lives he has touched.

Finally, I want to wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day.  Also, take the time to reflect and remember those who have fought and died for our country, those who lost family members who fought, the retired military personnel and the active military still serving today.

No comments: