Thursday, May 2, 2013

Card Shop Pickup - 1971 Topps Johnny Bench

I went to the card shop last weekend with my family and picked up several packs of cards.  I also finally bought this 1971 Topps Johnny Bench that the owner has had in his case for some time.  I know I overpaid for the card (30 bucks), but I know how hard it is to sell singles out of the showcase, so I made sure to throw him a bone.

Bench was probably the biggest star I had left to tackle from this set, so I am definitely beginning the home stretch on this.  I hope to finish it by the summer, so look to see more of these cards being knocked off sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Nick said...

This is one of my absolute favorite vintage cards. I think I'm going to go give my copy another look-over, now that I think of if it.

Nice pickup, William!

unclemoe said...

Cool.

Swing And A Pop-up said...

Nice!