Monday, May 6, 2013

Updating the Virgil Trucks Interview

As you all may know, after Mr. Virgil Trucks passed away, I donated a copy of the January 2011 interview I did with him to his family and the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.  I got a really nice thank you card from his daughter, Carolyn soon after.  This weekend, I came home to a letter in my mail box from the Hall of Fame.  You should be able to click on the picture to see an enlarged copy, but here is what the letter says:

Dear Mr. Regenthal,
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum would like to thank you for donating the CD with your telephone oral history interview with Virgil Trucks.  It is a fine addition to our film, video and recorded sound collection.

Our deed of gift is enclosed for your signature.  Please return the signed document to me.  When the gift agreement has been returned, a donor's certificate will be issued in your name and mailed in approximately eight to twelve weeks.

We appreciate your interest and support of the Hall of Fame Library.

Sincerely,

Helen R. Stiles
Library Associate - Technical Services

Pretty cool, right?  So, when I get the certificate, I'll be sure to let you all know.  I also plan on writing Mr. Trucks' daughter and let her know it was accepted into the HOF.

4 comments:

osupremegrandmotherone said...

It really was a great interview and an wonderful gesture on your part to give it to the Hall of Fame.

J. Meeks said...

That's incredible, my friend!

Fuji said...

Congratulations. It's awesome that you're able to give back to the Trucks family and to all of their fans. Very, very cool.

Michael Lees said...

That's really awesome man, congrats.