Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hall of Fame Signed Baseball - George Brett

I got my 85th Hall of Fame signed baseball today while I was visiting my brother in Columbia, SC.  I went to the Columbia Antique Mall like I usually do when I'm in Columbia and I spent a good bit of money.  I spent so much time there, my brother, my wife and my son all left and came back later to pick me up.  I got a ton of 1971 Topps and another Hall of Famer, but those will be shown later.

I had been eying  this Brett ball since my last trip to the antique shop.  I got a Bill Dickey signed baseball that time, you know, I posted it here.

George Brett (b. 1953) played in the majors from 1973 to 1993 for the Kansas City Royals.  He had 3,154 career hits, 317 home runs and a .305 career batting average.  He was the AL batting champ 3 times (1976, 1980 and 1990) and was the AL MVP in 1980.  He won the World Series with the Royals in 1985.

Brett was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1999 (his first ballot) when he received 98.2% of the vote.

No comments: