Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ebay Pickup - 1953 Topps Mike Sandlock

I like being able to put a face with a player that I got TTM and Mike Sandlock was a really good one I got on March 21, 2012.  You can read my TTM success here.  Sandlock is the third oldest living former baseball player at 97 years of age.
I really like the 1953 set.  I like the artwork of the set and the backs are really nice as well.  I got this card fairly cheap, at around $6.

One day, I would love to tackle the '53 set, but I think that might be a long time from now.  The set is 60 years old and there are some huge names in the set that command a hefty price tag.  I have always wanted the Satchel Paige from the set.  I'm hoping I can find that one for a steal sometime soon because I have had my eye on it for several years now.

No comments: