Friday, February 8, 2013

Visiting a New Card Shop

Due to an unfortunate event in my family, I had to travel on Monday evening to my parents' house.  The whole whole family was due to get together Tuesday afternoon, so I had some time to kill that morning.  My mom gave me a coupon for the new card shop that had opened in Clemmons, NC, so we all rode there to get our minds off of things.  The new shop was nice; it had more football related items than anything, mostly license plates, shirts, wall art, etc, but they did have a small assortment of vintage cards in their display case.  One of the cards I picked up (and the only one i picked up for myself) was the above 1975 Topps Jim Rice RC.  I got it for $1.00 and as you can see, it's pretty beat up.  I thought a buck was a good enough deal for a HOF RC, so I didn't mind paying it.  I also picked up some cards for a couple trade partners to go out in some of my 'random mailers.'
Something else I got was the above 'pennant' for $5.00.  It is a round pennant, but made of felt, nonetheless.  I didn't have it, so I will hang it on the wall with my other Orioles pennants.  I really can't complain for $5.00.

So, I was pretty pleased with the new shop.  They are called Lucky Dog Collectables and they are located on Lewisville-Clemmons Road in Clemmons, NC.  If you are in the area, I suggest you check them out.  It is quite hard to find new shops opening, so I am glad to see it.

Finally, those of you who do know me closely, I would like to thank you for the well wishes while I was off dealing with these family issues.  I appreciate the thoughts, sincerely.  I'm not one who tries to draw attention to himself, but I really appreciated the messages I got.

No comments: