Thursday, February 28, 2013

TTM Success - Buck Showalter

It has been quite a while since I got one of my mailers back from a TTM request.  Honestly, I hadn't sent any off in forever, but because some good friends kept asking me if I was going to send something to Spring Training, I figured, why not?

So, I got my 69th TTM success today from the lone request I sent to Spring Training (making me 100%!), Orioles manager, Buck Showalter.  I'm a big fan of Buck's work and was very pleased that the Orioles extended him through 2018.  I remember when the Orioles were conducting their managerial search and some folks speculated that the Orioles would get Bobby Valentine.  I'm so glad they got Buck instead.

He led the O's to a 93-69 record and a playoff berth last year.  Overall, he has a career record of 1,078-1,018 over 14 seasons.  He is a 2-time manager of the year and barely missed out in 2012 to the A's Bob Melvin.

I'm so excited about this TTM success, you have no idea!  So, I sent to Buck via the Orioles spring training home (Ed Smith Stadium, Sarasota, FL) on February 19 and got the ball back today, making it a 9-day TAT.

1 comment:

Kalib said...

I've always wanted to do some TTM stuff, but I've never gotten around to it. Maybe I'll try this year.

I pulled an Emerald Bobby Parnell card from a hanger pack the other day, if you don't have it already, let me know and I'll get it out to you!