Tuesday, August 6, 2024

2024 National Free Signer - Gus Frerotte

Former quarterback, Gus Frerotte, was another of the free signers at the National this year. I had picked up a card of his, but had a couple extra autograph vouchers, so I also picked up a couple throwback Redskins mini helmets to get signed.

I gave one of the helmets to Jesse for his birthday and hung onto this one.  I could maybe sell it, but I do like the throwback logo.

Frerotte (b. 1971) played professionally from 1994 to 2008 for the Redskins, Lions, Broncos, Bengals, Vikings, Dolphins and Rams.  He 21,291 passing yards and 114 touchdowns with a QB record of 45-47-1.  He played his college career at Tulsa.

Frerotte was the first of several non-baseball free signers that I met at this year's show.  I went ahead and picked up cards of most of the guys who were signing so I'd have plenty of stuff to blog for a while. 

No comments: