Thursday, August 29, 2024

2024 National Free Signer - Bob Lilly

Bob Lilly has been at the National before, but it looks like I didn't get him.  I really thought I had.  It doesn't matter now, since I got him on two cards this year.
I picked up a couple cards from the same vendor as the other free signers.  They're decent enough cards to get signed.  Lilly was the last free signer that I needed, which will move me on to posting some other stuff.

Lilly (b. 1939) played professionally from 1961 to 1974 for the Cowboys.  He was an 11-time pro bowler and was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1980.  He won Super Bowl VI with the Cowboys.

Lilly was really nice.  His line moved super slowly, but he took his time to sign and talk with everyone.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

It's good to hear that Lilly was nice to his fans... and signed for free. Not a Cowboys fan, but I did chase down one of his autographs a few years ago, because my niece graduated from TCU and I wanted to collect some famous Horned Frogs.

Angus said...

Very nice. I had heard from a friend that he was nice to meet at a show.