Thursday, August 1, 2024

2024 National Free Signer - Ellis Burks

Ellis Burks is still pinch hitting. When Steve Sax couldn't attend the National this year, Bulls subbed in his place, and in Burks's words, he hit a grand slam.  

Because we didn't know ahead of time, I wasn't able to bring cards for Burks.  I purchased an 8 x 10 and got this one signed in silver paint pen.  The photo turned out great.

Later, they staged a bunch of photos at his table, so I went up and paid for another.  I asked him if Tristar had Burks on standby, and he said no, he lives in Cleveland, so he drove on over for the signing. 

I went through Burks's line a third time, not to get something signed, but to ask him where some good places to eat were.  Pater in the week, we made sure to try one of his recommendations, Mallorca, and really enjoyed our meal.

Burks was super cool, and I'm glad he pinch hit for Sax.

1 comment:

Jafronius said...

Always enjoyed him as a player, good for him!