Sunday, November 12, 2023

TTM Success - John Curtis

John Curtis's cards sat in my box for a long time.  I had seen that he signed then it looked like he had stopped. Finally, I got tired of thumbing past them and I checked again to see that he was signing.  So, I finally sent to him and got a great return of several cards, including the above 1984 Fleer.  I lime the simplicity of this set. I don't have many cards from 1984 Fleer in the album, so I made sure this was one that went out.
I also knocked off a few Topps issues including the above 1976, 1980, 1981 and 1984 Topps.  I had a few of his cards left over, so I'll spread them out to some friends so that they can send to him, too.

Curtis (b. 1948) played in the majors from 1970 to 1984 for the Red Sox, Cardinals, Giants, Padres and Angels.  He had a record of 89-97, 825 strike outs and a 3.96 ERA.

I mailed to Curtis on October 9 and got the cards back on November 3, for a 25-day TAT. 

No comments: