Thursday, April 29, 2021

TTM Success - Ron Tingley

It has been some time since I have gotten a 1992 Donruss into my autograph album, but I did, with this TTM success from Ron Tingley.  I had so many 1992 Donruss, because I was busting packs trying to get the Cal Ripken Elite Autograph.  I finally found one of those at the National a few years ago.  Left behind was a ton of 1992 Donruss base that I had no idea what to do with.  Many of those have gone, but a few remain in my boxes.  It is a nice, simple design, and looks nice when signed.
I also got a 1989 Topps signed.  These, too, are prevalent in my boxes, since 1989 Topps is one of the most over-produced sets out there.  Still, that is a nice design, and still one of my favorites.

Tingley (b. 1959) played in the majors in 1982 and from 1988 to 1995 for the Padres, Indians, Angels, Marlins, White Sox and Tigers.  He had 110 hits, 10 home runs and a .195 batting average.

I mailed to Tingley on December 2 and got the cards back on January 23, for a 52-day TAT.

No comments: