Monday, April 12, 2021

TTM Success - Jeff Johnson

Here are a couple early 90s cards that I got signed TTM from Jeff Johnson.  The above 1992 Triple Play turned out really well.  This set was the bottom of the barrel, as far as quality and price point went back then, but it was a decent-enough set.  The cards stand out, and you could get your hands on boxes of these really cheaply; especially at Sam's Club (thanks Mom!).
I also got Johnson to sign a 1992 Topps, which turned out nice, also.

Johnson (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1991 to 1993 for the Yankees.  He had a record of 8-16 with 76 strike outs and a 6.52 ERA.  I didn't realize it until I started writing this post, but Johnson is a fellow graduate of UNC-Charlotte.  He was a 6th round pick by the Yankees out of UNCC in the 1988 June Amateur Draft.

I mailed to Johnson on December 4 and got the cards back on January 15, for a 42-day TAT.

No comments: