Wednesday, April 3, 2019

TTM Success - Andy McGaffigan

This TTM success from Andy McGaffigan helped me knock a card off of my 1987 Topps list, and also knocked an item off of my "adulting" list.  After he sent my cards back signed, Andy followed me on LinkedIn and sent me a message wanting to know more about what I do for a living.  It turns out that he is a financial adviser, and I had been putting off getting life insurance for a long time.  So, it worked out, and we have formed a professional relationship, all because I wanted his autograph.
Andy is a really nice guy, and I am glad we were able to do business together.  It would have taken a lot to get me to sit down and get signed up, but I'm really happy that I finally got around to doing it.

McGaffigan (b. 1956) played in the majors from 1981 to 1991 for the Yankees, Giants, Expos, Reds and Royals.  He had a recors of 38-33 with 610 strike outs and a 3.38 ERA.

I mailed to McGaffigan on February 26 and got the cards back on March 11, for a 13-day TAT.

2 comments:

Angus said...

That's pretty funny. Good for him.

Thanks for posting this. He is someone that I had forgotten.

Jafronius said...

Well, good for him for using his status for his post-baseball career, and for trying to help others.