Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Os Are Going For The Gold

Tonight the Orioles' 2016 season comes down to a one-game playoff against their division-rival, the Blue Jays.  They fought tooth and nail to hold onto a wild card spot for this chance and can continue on into the ALDS if they can pull out a win tonight.

The Orioles won the first wild card play-in game in 2012 against the Rangers, and that is who they will play if they can move on.  I suggested yesterday afternoon that the Orioles should start Ubaldo Jimenez but they opted for Chris Tillman.  I can't believe I suggested Ubaldo.  Just a few months ago, I was one of the many Orioles fans who were calling for his release.  He has had a rocky tenure with the birds, but has really come on in his last 7 starts.

I'm no fan of the Blue Jays.  I don't like Jose Bautista at all, and I didn't like their wooing of Orioles GM Dan Duquette last off season.  There is a bit of bad blood between the two teams, albeit nowhere near that of the Rangers and Blue Jays.  It will be interesting if Darren O'Day pitches against Jose Bautista in the later innings tonight.

So, I will watch the game with a lot of apprehension.  I don't want my guys to lose.  I feel like they can pull it out, but I always worry.  I hope they win it.  I'd love to see the O's bats erupt and Tillman throw a gem.  That would really be awesome.  Anything can happen in the Post Season, right?

I got this 2016 Bowman Chris Davis gold parallel off of Instagram from a guy named @lonestargraphs.  I sent him some quick Paypal and got the card.  I already had one, but since they are numbered, I didn't mind picking up another.  This one is numbered 33/50.

So, I'm off to watch the game.  Thanks to everyone who messaged me good luck wishes today.  It really meant a lot to me!

No comments: