Monday, October 31, 2016

TTM Success - Jim Poole

I received a TTM success today from former Orioles reliever, Jim Poole on some pretty nice cards.  The above 1988 Topps Traded Team USA card came out of a box of Topps that my mom found for me a while back.  The 1994 Flair came from another box that she picked up at the same time.  Those 1994 Flair cards turn out really nice when they are signed.  This one looks nice, as well, even though the signature bubbled up somewhat.
Here are two Topps cards (1992 and 1993) for the Topps Autograph Project.  I now have 5 each from those two sets (and am always looking to add more).
This last card comes from the Official 1987 USA National Baseball Team set.  The card was in a random box of cards that my wife picked up for me several years ago as a Christmas present.  I put the box up, and took a look through it some time ago for TTMs.  Realizing I had this card, but no real purpose for it, I figured it would be a nice add-in for some player who signed TTM.  Now, the card has a purpose and will reside in my TTM/IP Autograph album, as opposed to being just some random card in a box somewhere.

Poole (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1990 to 2000 for the Dodgers, Rangers, Orioles, Indians, Giants, Tigers, Phillies and Expos.  He had a career record of 22-12 with an ERA of 4.31 and 256 strike outs.

I mailed to Poole on October 24 and got the card back today for a 7-day TAT.

No comments: