Wednesday, December 16, 2015

TTM Success - Mike McCormick... Again

I sent off two TTM requests last week and got one back the other day.  I got this 1959 Topps buyback of Mike McCormick signed after it being out only out for about 5 days or so.

This was the oldest buyback card that I had pulled, which was kind of nice, but I still don't really care for the foil stamp that Topps puts on these things.  When I pulled it, I kind of thought to myself, gee, nice '59, but really, what do I do with it?  Then, I remembered that McCormick lived in NC, so a TTM would likely take a short amount of time, so I gave it a shot.

This is a second year card of the former Cy Young award winner (1967).  I didn't realize (or maybe I just didn't remember) that McCormick was a former Oriole.

He charged a $5 fee to sign this card, which wasn't too bad.  He is 77 now, and you can see in his signature that age may be catching up to him a bit.  I do like how his auto kind of matched the facsimile auto on the card.

No comments: