Friday, October 17, 2014

A Surprise Care Package From Michael

I got a nice surprise package in the mail last week from my friend, Michael, who lives in Texas.  He and I chat almost daily about all sorts of things and sometimes baseball.  Michael had told me that he recently went through some boxes of cards from his childhood and came away with a bunch of Orioles that he wanted to send my way.  In the package, Michael managed to include a couple Cals that I didn't yet have in my collection.  The above 1993 Upper Deck Fold Outs is a surprise, considering I was all over new Ripken cards back then.  This one must have eluded me.
Another card I didn't have was this 1998 Pinnacle Piece of the Game Ripken.  This one didn't scan nearly as good as it looks.  There is a ton of foil on the card, and my scanner doesn't pick it up well sometimes.

Among the other cards in the package, Michael included some Hall of Famers and some Conlon Collection cards, always a favorite of mine.

Thanks so much for the package, Michael!  Follow him on Instagram: texasbaseballcardz

No comments: