Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ebay Pickup - 1936 R313 National Chicle Jimmy Dykes

I was looking around on Ebay the other day for Philadelphia A's stuff and ran across this 1936 R313 National Chicle Jimmy Dykes card for less than $20.00.  I thought this was so cool.  I know there are several bloggers who would love the play at the plate aspect of it.  It feels more like a small poster instead of a card.  The condition is a little rough, but I really feel like this thing is pretty awesome!

Jimmy Dykes (b. 1896 - b. 1976) played in the majors from 1918 to 1939 for the Philadelphia A's and Chicago White Sox.  He had 2,256 hits, 108 home runs and a .280 batting average.  He won the World Series with the A's in 1929 and 1930.  I am a big fan of the 1930 A's, as you all know, so that was another reason I got this card.

I look at this card and I wonder a few things: I wonder which stadium they are playing in; I wonder who the umpire is and I wonder who the catcher is.  If anyone can answer these questions, it will be greatly appreciated.
Post a Comment