Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Some Vintage Cards From My Brother John

I went to my parents' house several weeks ago and while I was in town, I went across the street to visit my brother, John.  He had some Orioles cards for me, like always and this time, he had a few vintage cards.
I like the design of 1958 Topps.  It is eerily reminiscent of the 1954 design, except on a smaller piece of cardboard.  Qualters only pitched in parts of 3 seasons in the majors (1953, 1957 and 1958) for the Phillies and White Sox.
This is not the Hall of Famer, Joe Morgan, but this Morgan was also a manager in the majors for a few seasons.  Funny that both Morgans were second basemen.  I also enjoy the 1960 set.  It has a nice unique look to it and in my opinion is one of the classic sets in Topps' portfolio.
Finally, here is the 1966 Floyd Robinson card that my brother gave me.  John thought that this guy might be related to Frank Robinson, but I haven't seen any evidence of such.  The 1966 design is very minimal.  It isn't one of my favorites, it is more of a 'mehhh' set.  It is a key set for me in that it contains the Jim Palmer rookie car.

So, thank John for these really cool vintage cards.  It has been a little while since I have picked up some vintage, so anytime I can get them is a good time.

No comments: