Friday, July 20, 2012

Losing my Mind, Among Other Things

I really hate this feeling.  You know the feeling.  The one you get when you vaguely know where you laid something down at and then when you go to retrieve said item, it is nowhere to be found...
Well, I had that feeling last night and it has carried over into today.  I was going to blog, card for card, my 1951 Topps Red Back set.  The sat has been on the top shelf in my safe for YEARS.  I vaguely recall (after going to my safe to get the cards) that I took them out and put them aside so I could scan them a while back.  It appears that they never made it back into the safe. 

I have torn my computer room (which, in all fairness, is my actual card room) and I have torn apart the man cave in a desperate attempt to locate the set.  All 52 cards are in loose album pages which have been kept inside a purple manila folder all these years.  My wife vaguely remembers me pulling them out to scan and saying that I was going to put them in an album so they would be easier to find.  Heh.  Well, they aren't in any of my albums. 

I swear I put them with a number of other things (my oversize Brooks Robinson cards and some other stuff like that come to mind) and shut them inside SOMETHING for safe keeping.  Oh, they're real safe alright, they're even safe from me.  I sincerely doubt I lost them in the move.  I also sincerely doubt they've been ripped off because I don't have any sketchy friends.  They are in my house.  Somewhere.  Anyone want to come over and help me look for them?

3 comments:

Commishbob said...

They'll turn up when you're NOT looking for them or when you're looking for something else. That's how it goes for me.

Flash said...

You end up finding them?

William Regenthal said...

Haven't found them yet. I vaguely remember sliding the album pages and folder into an Upper Deck bag and putting it somewhere. My oversized Brooks cards are in there, too, so it is just a matter of finding where I put it. Probably in the top of a box somewhere or between some books or something. They'll turn up.