Sunday, May 13, 2012

Card Show Pickup - 1940 Play Ball Eric McNair

You all may remember my recent blog post where I received some photos and a letter after corresponding with Don McNair, Jr., son for former big leaguer Eric McNair.  If you need a refresher, here is the post.
This is now the second Play Ball card that I have, since i also have a Jimmie Foxx.  They are really nice cards that age very well.

I thought it was really funny that I walked by a table and the card just jumped out at me.  I had to have it, since i had a kind of 'Six degrees of Kevin Bacon' moment.  Plus, it is just a really cool vintage card that you don't see every day.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

2 comments:

Commishbob said...

William, did you read what the back of the card says? McNair was brought up too late to be eligible for the '29 World Series so he got hired as an usher at Shibe Park to see the games and get paid. That's a great story.

Dhoff said...

Great card. In swell shape, too.