Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Presents From Drew

Many of you who read this blog know that over the past three or so years, Drew over at Drewscards and I have become pretty close friends.  He is a really great kid whose passion for baseball and the hobby isn't matched by anyone else that I know.  He is also a very reliable friend when a lot of friends can let you down.

Drew surprised me the other day with a nice package that he sent as a Christmas present.  I knew about one of the cards because he got it at a recent card show, but went ahead and included it with his gift.  He also put some cards in to help with my needs list, which I have neglected over the past year as I have been pursuing more and more Hall of Fame autographs...

 Drew got this Jim Palmer 2008 Upper Deck Premier Manufactured Patch/Auto of Jim Palmer as the main part of the Christmas present.  This card looks so awesome.  Upper Deck did a good job designing the patch, and the auto fits nicely onto the card and doesn't take away from the design at all.

 Drew got this 2010 Topps Tribute Eddie Murray relic card from a recent card show.  He had told me about it because I had picked him up something cool from one of my shows (I wish I could remember what it was).  I like this card a lot as well.  I think Topps does a good job on Tribute, I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive.
 Drew also attacked my 1971 Topps want list.  Some of the cards are a bit rough, but are going to be used as set fillers until they can be upgraded.  There were several that will stay in my set, though.  The above Joe Torre and the below Hoyt Wilhelm highlight the cards that will stay in the set for sure.
This time of year, and especially this year since we had a death in the family, I try to make sure I let the ones I care about know that I am thinking of them.  It is always nice when you, also, find out that someone is thinking of you.  For Drew to think of me when he is browsing at a card show, or sorting his collection, means the world to me.

If you haven't yet visited his blog, I encourage you to do so.  he is definitely a great guy and an even better friend.

Thank you, Drew.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Drew said...

You're the best dude, you deserve them! Enjoy, and merry christmas to you and your family!