Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Few Quick Card Show Thoughts

It is almost midnight, Sunday night and I have just gotten home from a very interesting and productive time at the January 8-9 Raleigh Card Show. Since it is so late, I want to show one of the cards I got that I happened to scan last night. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will be able to post some more stuff from the show, but I definitely wanted to give this card some special attention: I got this SWEET Brian Roberts dual patch card from blog reader Robert, whom I met at the show on Saturday. I met Robert and his dad Rodney yesterday. Rodney had emailed me earlier this week saying that he was going to be at the show and had a couple cards for my want list (more on that in a later post). We chatted for a while about blogs and cards, I was definitely unable to express my thanks to them enough for reading and enjoying the blog. It definitely made me feel like all of this work is worthwhile.
.
Robert had seen that I had Brian Roberts in ALL CAPS on my players collected section, so he brought me the Roberts patch card for trade. We altered the trade a good bit, but from what I recall, I traded a Topps Black Zack Greinke, 2 Allen and Ginter Box Loaders and 5 Topps UH Stephen Strasburg highlight cards (Merry Strasmas and the other one, I forget). I hope Robert was happy with his haul, I always like hooking up kids with awesome stuff, and in exchange for the beautiful Roberts card, I was happy myself. Thanks for reading guys, hope you stay in touch!!
.
Now, I'm going to collapse in a heap on my bed, I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

Drew said...

Beautiful patch card! Glad you did well and had a good time at the show!

Andy Regenthal said...

Of course you have Brian Roberts in ALL CAPS! It doesnt surprise me in the least haha I'm glad you had a good time at the show and got some blog-worthy material!