Friday, June 12, 2020

TTM Success - Jerry Browne

It is obvious that there really is no rhyme or reason to who I mail to and what cards I send.  The exceptions, however, are 1987 Topps cards and Orioles.  Still, one could say that my lack of a pattern is a pattern.  Really, what I look for, in the simplest of terms, is for cards that I think will look cool when signed.

That being said, I really enjoyed the 1995 Score set, and wanted to get a few of those cards in my autograph album.  When I saw that Jerry Brown signed TTM, I pulled the above 1995 Score, and went through my boxes for other cards to send along with it.  I had a bunch of Browne's stuff, so I sent 5 cards out to be signed.
Of his Topps issues, I sent out the above 1992 and 1993 Topps.  Both turned out really well.
I also sent out the above 1992 Upper Deck and 1993 Stadium Club.  These also look great.

Browne (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1986 to 1995 for the Rangers, Indians, A's and Marlins.  He had 866 hits, 23 home runs and a .271 batting average.

I mailed to Browne on April 21 and got the cards back on May 1, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: