Thursday, February 21, 2019

TTM Success - Richie Hebner

I was able to get a few cards signed by former Orioles coach, Richie Hebner with this TTM success.  I had made a Sportlots purchase recently, and to round out an order, I included this 1970 Topps.  I'm glad I did, as the card turned out really well.
Hebner has a really nice autograph, and it looks great on the cards that I sent.

Henber (b. 1947) played in the majors from 1968 to 1985 for the Pirates, Phillies, Mets, Tigers and Cubs.  He had 1,694 hits, 203 home runs and a .276 batting average.  He finished 21st in the 1974 NL MVP voting and won the World Series with the Pirates in 1971.  He appeared on the 1991 Hall of Fame ballot and received 0.2% of the vote.

I mailed to Hebner on January 8 and got the cards back on January 25, for a 17-day TAT.

1 comment:

Jamie Meyers said...

Funny thing about Hebner, he is a great signer in the mail but pretty unfriendly in person. He was a coach in Double-A a few years ago and I ran across him after a game in CT. He was pretty grumpy and not happy to sign. We all just said the heck with it, next time we'll just mail him our stuff!