Saturday, November 3, 2018

TTM Success - Dustin Ackley

Winston-Salem's own Dustin Ackley signed a TTM request for me.  He signed and personalized 4 cards for me, including the above 2010 Topps Pro Debut that I have been sitting on, well, since 2010.
I always try to keep an eye on fellow North Carolinians in the majors, and especially Ackley, since he is from Winston.  He went to North Forsyth High School.  I'd say they were our rivals, but they really weren't.  At least not serious ones.  Still, it is pretty cool to see that he made the majors.

Ackley (b. 1988) played in the majors from 2011 to 2016 for the Mariners and Yankees.  He has 512 hits, 46 home runs and a .241 batting average.  He was in the Angels system during the 2018 season, but didn't crack the majors.

I mailed to Ackley on May 29, via the Salt Lake Bees and got the cards back on September 18, for a 112-day TAT.

No comments: