Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Ebay Pickups For The Autograph Album - Oscar Gamble

I have always wanted a signed copy of Oscar Gamble's iconic 1976 Topps Traded.  Unfortunately, Gamble passes away earlier this year.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to add this card to my album.  Thankfully, I found this one on Ebay for a pretty decent price, and picked it up.  I compared the auto with some PSA authenticated ones, and it looks like it checks out.
This 1979 Topps came with the 76 Traded, so I also added this to the album.  It isn't the iconic 76, but still a nice card, and I was happy to add it.

Gamble (b. 1949 - d. 2018) played in the majors from 1969 to 1985 for the Cubs, Phillies, Indians, Yankees, White Sox and Padres.  He had 1,195 hits, 200 home runs and a .265 batting average.  He finished 29th in the 1977 AL MVP race.

Gamble died of Ameoblastic Carcinoma (cancer of the jawbone) in 2018.

No comments: