Tuesday, August 7, 2018

TTM Success - Junior Ortiz

I signed up for a private signing for Junior Ortiz because I needed him on a 1987 Topps for my set.  While I was looking through some cards, I came across this 1990 Bowman that I thought looked really cool, and I had to include it with the signing.  It was worth the extra money, because the card turned out really well.  I do think Cal is safe in this picture, as he is already across the plate, and Ortiz's glove isn't touching him.
Here is the 1987 Topps that I needed to get done, and it also turned out really well.

Ortiz (b. 1959) played in the majors from 1982 to 1994 for the Pirates, Mets, Twins, Indians and Rangers.  He had 484 hits, 5 home runs and a .256 batting average.  He was a member of the 1991 World Series Champion Twins.

I mailed to the signing for Ortiz on April 6 and got the cards back on May 1, for a 25-day TAT.

No comments: