Tuesday, May 29, 2018

TTM Success - Jim Nash

I should be seeing a wave of early 70s cards come in TTM soon.  This success from Jim Nash was just a precursor to the ones I have pending.  I wanted to add some more eary 70s stuff to my binder, so I bought a bunch of bulk from my LCS, and I also bought a couple boxes from Conrad.
I got some nice cards back from Nash, and he personalized each one.  A lot of folks don't like the personalizations, but I don't mind them.  I'm not selling anything, so they will go right in my album.

Nash (b. 1945) played in the majors from 1966 to 1972 for the A's (KC and Oakland), Braves and Phillies.  He had a career record of 68-64 with 771 strike outs and a 3.58 ERA.  He finished second in the 1966 AL Rookie of the Year Award voting (behind Tommy Agee) after going 12-1 with a 2.06 ERA.

I mailed to Nash on March 10 and got the cards back on March 30, for a 20-day TAT.

No comments: