Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May 18-20 Graphing of Dash at Wood Ducks

After my almost month-long break from Wood Ducks games, I hit Grainger Stadium hard the last week by weeing three different teams, and getting a ton of cards signed.  During the three-game series against the Winston-Salem Dash between May 18  and 20, I was able to get quite a lot done.
Chris and I caught all three games, even though the Saturday game was rained out.  It was pushed to Sunday, where we were able to see a double header.
I finished up a bunch of 50/50s, and am almost done with what I had gotten pre-season for the Wood Ducks.
I also am already just about done with new addition, Eric Jenkins.  I didn't have many of his cards as it is, but I got all of my stuff and most of the 50/50s done.
I missed Guillermo Quiroz during the last series with the Dash, but I was able to get all of the cards I had for him completed.
 I got Chris's Luis Basabe from the 2017 Carolina League Top Prospects set done.  I also was able to get Zach Thompson, whom I missed last time.
These two horizontal cards turned out really nicely, especially since I kept missing this 2015 All-Star Basabe.
I added a few more Dylan Cease.  He dominated the Wood Ducks on Friday night.  I doubt he will be in the Carolina League much longer.
I had picked up a whole bunch of Blake Rutherford's cards in the offseason, and was able to get a few of them done, along with a bunch of 50/50s.
These two Rutherfords are probably the ones I like the most.
I was able to finish off these two Yeyson Yrizarri cards that I had from Hickory sets.  He was once a Wood Duck, but was traded to the White Sox last season.
I was really glad to add some Omar Vizquels to the collection.  I got his 89 Topps Traded RC signed, along with some other Topps issued, 1997, 2006 and 2009.
This 2006 Allen & Ginter Vizquel really came out nice.  I got a bunch of mine done, so next time I see him, I will be getting a few 50/50s taken care of.
These last two are of Anthony Gose and a 2018 Bowman Talent Pipeline Rangers card with Taveras.  My friend, Ethan, said he would finish the card for me.  I hope he can.

No comments: