Wednesday, January 17, 2018

TTM Success - Willie Tasby

I picked up some vintage cards when I was at the Greenville card show a while back, as you all know.  I still have a few cards here and there of guys that I had picked up.  Most of them are guys who charge for autos, like this success from Willie Tasby.

I was excited for this one because I was able to add a former Oriole that I hadn't heard of to my album.

I was also happy to add this 1959 Topps Rookie card to the album, as it was something a little different than the regular 1959s that I have been able to get.
This 1960 Topps was also really cool to add to the collection.  I know a lot of folks love the Topps All Star Rookie trophy cards, so this was a cool one to put away.

Tasby (b. 1933) played in the majors from 1958 to 1963 for the Orioles, Red Sox, Senators and Indians.  He had 467 hits, 46 home runs and a .250 batting average.

I mailed to Tasby on January 3 and got the cards back on January 12, for a 9-TAT.  I paid his fee of $5/card.

No comments: