Saturday, August 27, 2016

TTM Success - Kent Tekulve

It has been a while since I have gotten TTM successes on a regular basis, but some trickle in here and there.  I think I have two others, aside from this one, that I still need to post.

I mailed to Kent Tekulve on April 20 of this year, and got back three of the five cards that I sent.  He kept the 1977 and 1983 Topps that I sent.  No big deal.  He signed the cards in sharpie, one that was about to give out, but the cards still turned out ok.  The cards came back on August 8, for a 110-day TAT.
This 1983 Topps Super Veterans card might be my favorite of the bunch.  I like being able to get some different types of cards signed TTM, and these are really nice ones to try to go for.

Tekulve (b. 1947) played in the majors from 1974 to 1989 for the Pirates, Phillies and Reds.  He had a career record of 94-90 with an ERA of 2.85, 779 strike outs and 184 saves.  He finished as high as 5th in the NL Cy Young voting (twice, 1978 and 1979).  He also won the World Series with the Pirates in 1979.  He appeared on the 1995 Hall of Fame ballot, yet only received 1.3% of the vote.

No comments: